National Ski Area Association promotes January as National Safety Month. We are thrilled to participate in a fun filled weekend of safety centric activities. Stop by the base of Middle Bowl Yurt Village on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday during MLK weekend from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm to explore all the different aspects of safety on the mountain. We will have avalanche dogs demonstrations, Know the Code activities, chairlift safety, cool prizes, and more. NEW this year we will be hosting a SAFERmtn Quest, that will take guests around the mountain to highlight different aspects of mountain safety. Guests can pick up a Quest Card at SAFERmtn Basecamp at the beginning of the event, visit each station and turn in the completed card for a chance to win great prizes.
At SAFERmtn Basecamp:
- Avalanche Dog Demonstrations: 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm daily.
- Sign Garden highlighting the different signs you see on the mountain
- Free Snacks - first come first serve basis.
- Safety Quest starting point
- #Rideanotherday programming
- Family Zone Education
Stations to Visit for SAFERmtn Quest
- SAFERmtn Basecamp located at Middle Bowl Yurt Village visit the Quest Table to get your Quest card and then stop inside one of our yurts to learn what makes the family zone different from the rest of the mountain.
- Beacon Park located at the bottom of Herberts on skiers' left. Ski Patrol will be there 11:00 am - 2:00 pm to help practice beacon searches and probing skills.
- SAFERmtn Gondola in the base area kitty-corner from Needles Gondola line near Earl's Lodge. 11:00 am - 2:00 pm Stop by to talk with our staff about being respectful on the mountain, as that is part of our SAFERmtn acronym.
- NASTAR course - each participant will learn about speed and space as they race down the course for one lap and stop at the bottom to talk to our staff about the math behind the speed, distance, and stopping. Guests will present the quest card to the staff at the top, run the course, and stop after crossing the finish line to learn about speed and space. This will run only Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm.
- Top of Littlecat Express in the big open area - Slow the Flow. What does flow look like?
- Lunch for 4
- Fast Pass - where you and two friends get to access the lifts through the Private Entrance for ONE DAY, you choose.
- Smith Helmets
- Snowbasin Swag bags