Snowbasin Resort Reveals Summer Line-up Filled with Music, Culinary Explorations, Campouts and More
On the heels of a stellar ski season, Snowbasin Resort is looking ahead to a summer packed with music, celebrations, culinary adventures, and plenty of outdoor activities to experience in the beautiful Ogden Valley. The season kicks off at Snowbasin Resort on Saturday, June 10, when the Gondola opens for the summer, ushering guests up the mountain on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays from 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Blues, Brews, and BBQ returns to Snowbasin Resort once again for its fifth year on June 11, showcasing an elevated line-up of nationally and regionally touring artists and bands, which this year includes Los Lobos, Turnpike Troubadors, and Andy Frasco. Arguably the most coveted free concert series in Utah, Blues, Brews, and BBQ occurs from 12:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. every Sunday until September 24, on the lawn of Earl’s Lodge at the base of Needles Gondola. Additionally, starting June 25, guests can kick off their Sunday with Snowbasin Resort’s “all-you-can-eat” Mountain Top Brunch located at 8,710 feet in the Needles Lodge.
Snowbasin Resort’s monthly Dining Discovery Dinners feature unique mountain top experiences with themed culinary expeditions. On July 14, the annual John Paul Campout is one of the most unique dining and exploration events in Utah, providing guests a chance to camp under the stars at 9,000 feet while enjoying a full evening of culinary delights, campfires, cowboy storytellers, and live guitar music. Guests can take in the majestic 360-degree views and examine the geological remnants of an ancient ocean floor while learning from experts about the area. Other Dining Discovery events at Needles Lodge include Traditional Country Italian on July 29, Cajun Crawfish Boil on August 25, and Farm to Fork Dinner on September 22. Each menu includes creative and fresh items made with local ingredients.
“The summer season at Snowbasin Resort brings a host of unique events for locals and visitors alike,” said Samantha Kase, Director of Marketing and Public Relations at Snowbasin Resort. “Our lineup, from Blues, Brews, and BBQ to the John Paul Campout and the Tour of Utah stage finish, has something for everyone — music fans, culinary aficionados, families, and sports enthusiasts — truly making us a year-round destination.”
Additional highlights of Snowbasin Resort’s summer season include:
- Family Movie Night / June 26-August 7: For seven weeks, families are invited to come and watch a free, family-friendly movie on Monday evenings on the Snowbasin lawn. With Earl’s Lodge open for dining, families can have “dinner and a movie” al fresco under the stars.
- Symphony Under the Stars / June 30: The Utah Symphony presents "Patriotic Pops with Bravo Broadway at Snowbasin Resort" to benefit the Ogden Symphony Ballet Association.
- Tour of Utah Stage 2 Finish / August 1: A three-time veteran host, Snowbasin Resort this year presents a stage finish for the first time, offering cycling fans a chance to see some of the world’s most prestigious teams and cyclists in a thrilling ascent set in a gorgeous alpine environment in full summer bloom. Earl’s Lodge is open for dining so race enthusiasts can enjoy
- Solar Eclipse Viewing / August 21: The Solar Eclipse this summer is a once-in-a-lifetime event and northern Utah has the best viewing circumstances in the state. Guests and avid skywatchers can take the gondola up to Needles Lodge to view the celestial spectacular, which occurs between 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., and enjoy culinary options from the lodge.
- No Name Chili Fest / September 4: The Snowbasin Resort culinary team prepares batches of their own personal chili recipes for the guests to sample, taste and vote on; the winning chili will be served at the John Paul Lodge for the entire 2017-2018 Winter Season. The event is a benefit for the Utah Food Bank and guests are encouraged to bring non-perishable items to help fill a gondola with donated goods.
- Bark at the Basin / September 10 : Guests are encouraged to bring their furry friends to the resort’s annual 5k hike and fundraiser benefitting the Best Friends Utah Animal Society. The hike ends at Earl's Lawn, where owners and pets can enjoy the afternoon’s Blues, Brews & BBQ concert. Dog treats specially made by Snowbasin Resort chefs are available with all proceeds going to Best Friends Animal Society.
For more information, full schedules of all events, and to make reservations for any of Snowbasin Resort’s summer destination offerings, please visit www.snowbasin.com or call 801.620.1000.
About Snowbasin Resort
Snowbasin Resort is an all season recreation resort located in Huntsville, Utah, less than 35 miles North of Salt Lake City. Top rated by Ski Magazine in the categories of Service, On-Mountain Food, Lifts and Grooming, it has one of the easiest drives from Salt Lake International Airport as well as quick access to the Park City area and downtown Ogden. With 3,000 skiable acres and 3,000 vertical feet, Snowbasin Resort is best known for wide-open bowls, gladed runs, manicured groomers, powder stashes days after a storm and excellent service. Snowbasin Resort offers summer activities on Saturdays and Sundays, including the popular Blues, Brews & BBQ free summer concert series. Enjoy award-winning cuisine including mountaintop dining with spectacular views and magnificent day lodges.
Consistently recognized as one of the best family resorts in North America, Snowbasin Resort is one of the oldest continuously operating ski resort in the nation and is a member of the Grand America Hotels and Resorts family. Sister properties include Sun Valley Resort, Grand America Hotel, Little America Hotel (all Salt Lake City, UT), The Westgate Hotel, San Diego, CA, Little America Flagstaff, AZ, Little America, WY, and Little America, Cheyenne, WY. To learn more, visit http://www.snowbasin.com or call 801.620.1000.