5 Adventures to Have at Snowbasin Resort This Summer!
School is out. Temperatures are on the rise. Summer is in full swing!
If, like our family, you are looking for ways to beat the heat but also enjoy some time in Utah’s mountains, then this post is for you. Snowbasin Resort is one of our favorite family hangouts during the warm summer months.
Here are our five favorite things to do during the summer at Snowbasin Resort:
1. Hike with the whole family! The Needles Gondola offers families the unique opportunity to hike in the high mountain meadows, among wildflowers, and up to the ridgeline overlooking Ogden Valley with the whole family. Take a gondola ride up, hike our favorite trail, the Needles Cirque, and enjoy views of Ogden Valley and the Great Salt Lake. We’ve done this hike with children as young as 4 and also with the grandparents. It made for a great multi-generational adventure.
2. Mountain bike the wide variety of trails Snowbasin has to offer. Our kids love biking the beginner Moose Loop that begins from the lower parking lot. Just outside the Grizzly Center, little kids can enjoy a practice loop with simple obstacles. More experienced bikers will like to ride the scenic Cirque Loop or Needles Trail down from the Needles Lodge.
3. Enjoy an adventure on the Gondola with your pups. I love that I can bring our furry family member to Snowbasin Resort and they are welcome there! Not only that, they can accompany you on the gondola and on the hiking trails.
4. Every Sunday Snowbasin Resort offers kid’s adventure tours from 2:30-5:30. Kids learn about local animals, geology, native plant life, and participate in a variety of mountain sports. Let your kids learn alongside other kids ages 6-10 while you enjoy the music and food at Blues, Brews, and BBQ. For more details and a weekly schedule, please check out the adventure tours online. Registration recommended prior to coming.
5. Try something you haven’t before! You don’t need to have the equipment or expertise to participate in any of Snowbasin’s summer recreation. Looking to try mountain biking? This is the perfect place to start. Sign up for a mountain biking clinic on Saturday mornings and rent your bike right at the Grizzly Center. Never played a round of disc golf? There aren’t many courses more scenic than at Snowbasin Resort. You can rent a disc golf kit for $12 at the rental shop.
We hope you have a great summer full of adventure up at Snowbasin Resort. See you on the trails!