48 hour 1" Year191"
USSA Tri-Divisional Championship
Thu Mar 22 2018
USSA Tri-Divisional Championship
Thu Mar 22 2018
Welcome to the Snowbasin Resort Press Center. Please contact us for any of your media needs.
Snowbasin Resort is located just outside of Ogden, less than 40 minutes north of downtown Salt Lake City and the Salt Lake International airport, and 50 minutes from Park City,
About Snowbasin Resort
A year-round resort, Snowbasin offers families and outdoor enthusiasts a variety of activities both winter and summer. In winter, Snowbasin features championship-level skiing, with nearly 3,000 skiable acres, an average snowfall of 300 inches, and 3,000 vertical feet. In summer, guests enjoy a variety of adventures including hiking, mountain biking, disc golf, and live music events. In every season, Snowbasin features award-winning cuisine and unique culinary events, set in magnificent day lodges including mountaintop dining with spectacular views. The resort’s Dining Discovery Dinners offer an exciting and unique culinary experience, both winter and summer. Held in the majestic Needles Lodge at 8,710 feet, the dining events showcase distinctive menus with award-winning cuisine, live music, and expansive views of the Ogden Valley
Snowbasin is a member of the Grand America Hotels and Resorts family. Sister properties include Sun Valley Resort in Sun Valley, Idaho; Grand America in Salt Lake City, Utah; The Westgate Hotel in San Diego, California; and Little America Hotel locations in Salt Lake City, Utah; Flagstaff, Arizona; Cheyenne, Wyoming; and Little America, Wyoming.
Snowbasin Resort is one of the oldest continuously operating ski areas in the nation, officially opening in 1940 as Ogden’s Winter Playground when two rope tows were installed to pull skiers up Becker Hill. Snowbasin hosted its first ski race in December 1940, attracting 75 racers, while Sverre and Corey Engen opened Snowbasin’s first ski school in 1941. Over the years, the resort hosted NCAA National Ski Championships, the 2001 Disabled World Cup, and the Utah Winter Games. In 2002, Snowbasin Resort hosted the Men’s and Women’s Olympic Winter Games Downhill, Super G, Combined, and Paralympic events.
Snowbasin Resort is best known for wide-open bowls, gladed runs, manicured groomers, powder stashes days after a storm, excellent service and on-mountain dining, and its four terrain parks. In 2016, the resort earned top rankings by SKI magazine readers in the categories of Service, On-Mountain Food, Lifts, and Grooming. Snowbasin Resort has world-class snowmaking and one of the most advanced lift systems in the West.
• Daily Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Season: Late-November to Mid-April
• Average Snowfall: 300 inches (762 centimeters)
• Skiable Acres: 2,950 acres (1145 hectares)
• Base Elevation: 6,450 feet (1,966 meters)
• Peak Elevation: Top of Allen Peak Tram: 9,366 feet (2,855 meters)
• Vertical Drop: 2,915 feet (889 meters)
• Trails: 106
• 20% beginner
• 50% intermediate
• 30% advanced
• Longest Run: Elk Ridge off of Strawberry Gondola
• Restaurants and Lounges: 5
• Snowmaking: 619 acres (243 hectares)
• Lift Capacity: 18,966 passengers per hour
• Number of Lifts: 11
• One 15-passenger tram: 2 minute ride
• Two 8-passenger high-speed gondolas: 8 minute ride
• One 6-passenger high-speed chairlift: 5 minute ride
• Two 4-passenger high speed chairlifts: 10 minute ride
• Three 3-passenger fixed grip chairlifts: 12 minute ride
• Two magic carpets
Learn and Earn Program
Snowbasin Resort’s Learn & Earn Program is a three-year program designed to teach “never-ever” skiers and snowboarders in a comfortable, welcoming environment at a great value and turn them into lifelong snowsports enthusiasts.
• First-year participants receive three all-day lessons, rental equipment for the season, and a season pass after completion of the lessons
• The following year, Learn & Earn graduates can purchase a heavily discounted season pass and ski or snowboard equipment and receive three all day lessons to continue learning and refining their skills
• The third year offers those who have participated in the first two years a heavily discounted season pass, private lessons to perfect their skills and other perks
Peak to Peak Tour:
Up to four guests can enjoy an exclusive tour of Snowbasin Resort with their own personal mountain guide to discover hidden stash spots, local’s favorite runs, and the best mountain experience possible.
Cross Country Skiing and Snowshoeing:
Snowbasin Resort grooms and maintains 26km of free Nordic trails suitable for both skating and classic style Nordic skiing. Starting near Maples Parking Lot, the trails wind through beautiful glades and meadows under towering mountain peaks and offer outdoor enthusiasts of all abilities looking for an alternative way to experience the mountain. The Grizzly Center, located in the Main Plaza, offers full rental packages and also snowshoes and shuttle service runs continually to Earl’s Lodge. Nordic trails are groomed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Scenic Gondola Rides:
Guests can take in the stunning views with a scenic gondola ride to Needles Lodge and enjoy lunch at the top of the mountain, or take a scenic chairlift ride to John Paul Lodge. From John Paul Lodge, foot passengers can also ride the Allen Peak Tram to the top of the mountain to see the expansive views of Ogden, Ogden Valley, The Great Salt Lake, Ben Lomond Peak, and the start of the 2002 Winter Olympics Downhill course.
On Mountain Dining
• Earl’s Lodge: Enjoy exemplary mountain dining surrounded by six roaring fireplaces and magnificent scenery. Start the day off right with gourmet fresh-baked pastries, breakfast sandwiches or smoked brisket hash. Lunch features hot noodle bowls, loaded fries, Utah’s best burgers, and more.
• Cinnabar: Located just inside Earl’s Lodge, the Cinnabar is the place to be for après. Featuring gastro-pub style cuisine in a family friendly environment with a full complement of spirits, wine and local craft beers, and on weekends a plated brunch. In addition to great food and drink, weekends and holidays offer live music. The Après Flight Series, offered monthly during the ski season, features three cocktails and three small plates that highlight a featured beverage.
• Needles Lodge: Dine at 8,710 feet with stunning views of the Ogden Valley, Pineview Reservoir and beyond. Award-winning chefs prepare hearty soups, juicy burgers, street tacos, and fresh salads. Located at the top of Needles Gondola.
• John Paul Lodge: John Paul Lodge is named after John Paul Jones, an avid believer in the Snowbasin concept, who lost his life in World War II before he could ever see the realization of his dream of the mountain. A uniquely built and situated mountain lodge, the John Paul Lodge offers award-winning cuisine, panoramic views of Ogden Valley, Mount Ogden, Morgan, and the start houses for the Olympic downhill courses plus a massive roaring fireplace in the center of the building. Belgian Waffles are offered in the morning and lunch items include featured chili chosen by guests, hardwood fired hearth pizza, fresh hot soups, delectable sandwiches, grilled meats and fresh salads. Located at the top of the John Paul Lift.
• Strawberry Cafe: Guests can fuel up, refresh, and get back out on the mountain fast with a warm latte or fresh baked pastry. Stop in for gourmet hot dogs and sausages, warm soups, freshly made wraps and sandwiches with a cold beer for lunch. Located at the bottom of Strawberry Gondola.
• Hours of Operation: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Saturday and Sundays
o Season: June 10, 2017 – October 8, 2017
o Earl’s Lodge and Needles Lodge open for dining
• 23 trails offering 26 miles of single track
o 3 Hiking Only
o 20 Multi-Use Trails
• Biking introduction and Skill Development Adventures
o Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. June 17th – August 19th
• For the kids:
o Bungee jumping, climbing wall, and the Fort Grizzly Playground.
o Adventure camps (kids aged 6 -10) are offered every Sunday from 3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. from June 18th through August 20th
• Retail/Rentals: The Grizzly Center Gift Shop carries summer apparel and hiking/biking accessories and rents full-suspension mountain bikes from Norco Bikes. Open 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Saturday and Sundays
• Blues, Brews and BBQ
The patio of Earl’s Lodge is magically transformed into a festival-like atmosphere with free, live music every summer Sunday at 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. from June 11th through September 24th. Along with the incredible free music, guests enjoy hearty award-winning BBQ dishes, local Utah craft Beers, cool treats for the kids, and a stunning, natural mountain-side setting. For more information and to see the artist schedule, please visit www.snowbasin.com.
• Mountain Top Dining Discovery Culinary Expeditions
These special dinners will focus on a region, theme or special celebration accentuated with beverages, service and entertainment. These unique events are one of a kind and each one will offer a new experience to discover and explore. See Snowbasin.com/events for schedule. Reservations and information: 801.620.1021.
o Summer Soiree: June 17
o John Paul Campout: July 14
o Country Italian Dinner: July 29
o Cajun Crawfish Boil: August 25
o Farm to Table: September 22
o Whiskey Dinner: Fall
• Mountain Top Brunch
Served weekly every Sunday starting June 25 from 10:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m, the premier brunch in all of Northern Utah offers striking valley and high alpine views from the Needles Lodge along with innovative and delectable fare that changes weekly. Reservations required; please call 801.620.1021.
Meeting and Banquet Facilities
Weddings and meetings at Snowbasin Resort offer a truly memorable occasion: a picturesque setting, exquisite food and facilities, and amazing personal service. Indoor and outdoor settings are available for weddings, corporate events, special dinners and reunions.
• Number of venues: 3
o Earl’s Lodge Main Dining Room and Patio
o Needles Lodge Dining Room and Patio
o John Paul Lodge
• Capacity: Up to 400
• Breakout options
o Disc golf
o Guided nature hikes
o Mountain bike tours
o Lawn games
• Custom teambuilding programs, including physical and mental challenges, competitions, and prizes
December 31, 2017
December 15, 2017
December 10, 2017
November 22, 2017
November 17, 2017
November 16, 2017
November 15, 2017
October 15, 2017
September 18, 2017
September 16, 2017
August 29, 2017
August 22, 2017
July 21, 2017
June 30, 2017
June 20, 2017
June 8, 2017
May 31, 2017
May 23, 2017
May 17, 2017
May 12, 2017
April 20, 2017
April 5, 2017
Snowbasin Resort Brings Back Learn & Earn First-Timers Program
March 29, 2017
March 18, 2017
March 15, 2017
March 8, 2017
February 3, 2017
January 19, 2017
January 16, 2017
January 11, 2017
Snowbasin Resort Participates in NSAA Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month
December 28, 2016
December 2, 2016
November 30, 2016
November 2, 2016
August 11, 2016
July 20, 2016
June 15, 2016
May 11, 2016
May 3, 2016
March 19, 2016
May 6, 2014
Images for Stories
Snowbasin Resort can provide high-res images for editorial use in direct promotion of the resort.
Simply email Megan Collins your photo/video request and include details about the type of image you need, including size and subject matter. Again, images will only be provided when being used in direct promotion of Snowbasin Resort.
6:00pm - 10:00pm, Mar 28, 2018
Join us at Alleged on 25th Street in Downtown Ogden for an Avalanche Rescue Dog FundraiserRead More
Ski Free the rest of this season and lock in the best price when you buy next year's season pass now!Read More