The Mountain safety section was created to provide you with information that will help you enjoy your Snowbasin Resort vacation safely while maximizing fun on the mountain. Remember to always Ski and Snowboard within your means and to be aware of the people around you. To find out more about ways to stay safe click on any of the tabs below:
Skiing can be enjoyed in many ways. At ski areas you might see people using alpine, snowboard, telemark, cross country or other specialized equipment such as that used by the disabled. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Observe the code listed below and share with other skiers the responsibility for a great skiing experience.
- Always stay in control and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting down hill or merging into a trail, look up hill and yield to others.
- Always use devices that help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Know the code! It's your responsibility.
Go Sun Smart offers you tips on how you can easily protect your skin and eyes. So, when you go to work and play, Go Sun Smart!