At Snowbasin: A Sun Valley Resort, we strive to provide our guests' with the greatest skiing and riding they have ever experienced. We seek energetic, friendly, outgoing people to be a part of this once in a lifetime opportunity. You will be working at one of the most beautiful resorts in the country with almost endless ski runs and three luxurious mountain lodges. And the food . . . wonderful. Employment with Snowbasin is fun and rewarding! We hope to hear from you soon.
PLEASE NOTE - APPLICATIONS LISTING POSITION DESIRED AS "ANY" CANNOT BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE LIST AT LEAST ONE AND NOT MORE THAN THREE FROM THE CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES.
Currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Cook - Must be 18 years of age or older. Performs a wide range of duties involved with preparing and/or serving foods and beverages in one or more of a variety of food service environments. May perform such duties as preparing salad items, hot foods, and/or cold foods, and/or assisting in the preparation of bakery items. as appropriate to the position. May serve food to customers and/or perform supervisory duties, as appropriate. No less than high school; at least one year of experience or culinary education that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Ability to obtain Utah Food Handler's Certificate. Entry-level wage is $8.50/hr.
Prep Cook/Servery Line Cook - Must be at least 18 years of age of older. Performs a wide range of duties involved with preparing and/or serving foods and beverages in one or more of a variety of food service environments. May perform such duties as preparing salad items, hot foods, and/or cold foods, and/or assisting in the preparation of bakery items. as appropriate to the position. May serve food to customers and/or perform supervisory duties, as appropriate. No less than high school; at least one year of experience or culinary education that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Ability to obtain Utah Food Handler's Certificate. Entry-level wage is $8.50/hr.
Senior Cook - Prepares, seasons and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes and other food items in large quantities. Provides training and guidance to other employees performing the same or related work. High school diploma, at least three years of experience that is directly related tot he duties and responsibilities specified. Supervising the activities of cooks and/or other employees performing the same or related duties, and the ability to obtain State of Utah Food Handler's Certificate. Entry-level wage is $9.50/hr.
Ski Patrol - Now hiring for the 2013-2014 ski season. Snowbasin Ski Patrol is a full-time, professional organization responsible for providing safety services for the resort.
- Must be at least 21
- OEC or EMT certification
- Expert skiing ability; able to ski any terrain in varying conditions
- Familiarity with the alpine environment and associated weather
- Physically capable of working long hours in all weather conditions
- Ability to work within a dynamic team environment
- Basic snowmobile skills
- Advanced medical training
- Avalanche 1 certification or higher
- Advanced mountaineering skills
- Prior Ski Patrol and avalanche reduction experience
Submit your application and schedule a day before the end of the season to check out our mountain and our team.
You can download our Employment Application and Voluntary Pre-Employment Information Form or pick up an application packet at Snowbasin. If you would like to find out more about working at Snowbasin, view our General Requirements and Information and Employee Benefits pages.
General Requirements and Information
Employment opportunities here have never been better! As we continue to improve our resort many more job opportunities are becoming available. Now more then ever, you can come work where you play!
Snowbasin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a drug-free and smoke free work place. Our commitment to quality and excellence is translated through our employees.
- Be willing to perform duties as assigned and accept changes in work schedule, tasks and location as necessary.
- Be aware that many positions are physically demanding and may require lifting, bending, standing, kneeling and shoveling. For safety reasons, physical tests may be required for some positions (ask for details).
- Be aware that scheduled work days may fall on any day during the week including holidays.
- Consent to a random drug test. All positions require a post-offer drug test prior to employment (ask for details).
How to Apply:
- Complete a Snowbasin Application (incomplete applications will not be considered). You must account for five previous years and three previous employments. You can download an application and Voluntary Pre-Employment Information Form or pick up an application packet at Snowbasin.
- List all positions for which you may qualify or have interest.
- Provide physical, drug testing and background consent (on back of application).
Federal law requires new employees to provide documentation to prove identity and eligibility for employment. Within three (3) work days, new employees must:
- Complete a W-4 and I-9 form.
- Present an original social security card or certified copy of birth certificate (with seal), and a driver's license with photo, voter's registration card or a state or school ID card with a photo, or produce a U.S. passport which meets all requirements.
Non-U.S. citizens must also produce employment eligibility documents and verify/identify:
- Valid Alien Registration Card.
- Unexpired foreign passport with current employment authorization.
- Valid J-1 or F-1 Visa
Notes: No person will be employed without required documentation. Upon departure, employees are responsible for the immediate return of all Snowbasin-issued ID's, uniforms, keys and equipment.
Grooming and Conduct - Your appearance and conduct leaves a lasting impression on guests. All employees have a responsibility to be professional, courteous, respectful and friendly. All employees are expected to be neatly groomed at all times. Those with jobs that do not require a Snowbasin issued uniform must keep their attire modest, well kept and non-interfering with job duties.
Male Employees - Hair must be clean and tapered at top of dress-collar length. Shoulder length is not allowed. Neatly groomed mustaches may be worn. Beards and extended sideburns are prohibited. Earrings are not to be worn while on duty.
Female Employees - Hair styles must be clean and not interfere with job duties. Inappropriate examples include unnatural color or disproportionate cut. Earrings and jewelry must be modest and not interfere with job duties. For safety and health reasons, no open-toe shoes are allowed. Cosmetics should be consistent with a natural appearance.
Uniforms - Uniforms will be issued for most jobs. Maintenance is provided free to employees.
Housing - Employee housing is not available at Snowbasin. The nearest housing would be in Ogden (17 miles East) or in the Huntsville area (10 miles North-Northwest).
Experience, Work Schedule, Overtime and Bonus - Experience is not required for most of our service and general positions. All positions typically require flexibility and weekend/holiday hours. Schedule fluctuates with business and weather demands. Full-time positions average 32-40 hours per week. Overtime is paid after 56 hours per work week.
Lift Tickets - Full time employees receive a full time, year round lift ticket, eligibility requires that employees work full time (at least 32 hours) per week.
Discounted Lift Tickets - Part time employees are eligible for a $20 daily lift ticket (with proper I.D.).
Food - Discounted lunches are available for employees, only while on duty.
Life/Health/Dental Insurance - Comprehensive coverage eligibility requires that employees work full time (at least 32 hours) per week continuously for 90 days.
Sick Time - Eligibility after six months continuous full-time employment.
Vacation Time - Eligibility after one year continuous full-time employment.
Uniforms - Maintenance of company issued uniforms is provided free to employees.
Other Discounts - At all lodges and retail shop.
Go Sun Smart offers you tips on how you can easily protect your skin and eyes. So, when you go to work and play, Go Sun Smart!